I heard 1510 was silent again because the check bounced. Is that true?
///////
Not true - mostly. There was an incident a few weeks ago..... I can tell
you that the LMA is now on a weekly basis since the current lessee
failed to get financing for the purchase of the station. I was
instructed to install a CD player in the audio chain at the transmitter
site and to provide some alternate programming in case of future payment
problems. I also know that another broadcast entity with a number of
stations nationwide is interested in 1510 as their first Denver station
and has hired an engineering consultant to check it out. One of their
concerns is that 1510 is still operating under a CP/STA while the proof
of performance measurements are in progress. The latest estimate on that
is another 6 to 8 weeks depending on the weather and other factors. We
lost 3 days of work on it this week because of weather. But it was 55
and dry here today.

For now KCKK is still "Mile High Sports Radio" and // KSXT is still "The
Sports Extra". I have noticed some diversity in their programming lately
with a live news hour at noon on weekdays and a financial program on
Saturday morning. They have also added former Denver Broncos cheerleader
Renee Herlocker to their air staff. Herlocker is quite stunning. She was
featured on the cover of 5280 magazine about a year ago as a local
person who has trouble dating because of the time constraints in her
busy lifestyle. At that time her occupation was listed as marketing
associate. I don't think they hired her for her rather gritty sounding
voice talents if you know what I mean. Of course, that's only my
personal opinion.

Patrick Griffith, CBT CBNT CRO
Westminster CO
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/