To: "IRCA List" <irca@hard-core-dx.com>
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 7:17 PM
Subject: [IRCA] Crate Loop Completed

I completed my Crate Loop project yesterday when the 365pF cap (C-V365)
arrived. The Crate Loop works great with both my Sony 7600 and GE Superadio 3. It has gain which easily beats a Terk Loop. The 570 Cuban Reloj was heard
against local 560-KLZ IBOC (which was easily nulled with the loop) and
1220-XEB was in with an armchair copy. The number of turns Kevin recommended
was perfect. Adding or subtracting turns was not necessary.

The benefits of this project were:

1. I didn't have to measure and saw various pieces of wood or PVC pipe since
the Crate Loop is wound on a pre-built form.
2. The Crate Loop is small so my wife won't complain.
3. I can store my books in it when not using it.
4. Unlike the Terk Loop, one can easily place the radio in the inside center
or on top. There are many more coupling possibilities.
5. The cost of materials was less than a Terk Loop or any other loop I can
think of (the crate was under 5 bucks)...and...best of all.......
6. I built it myself :-)

Thank you to Kevin for coming up with the versatile Crate Loop idea and
taking the time to share it with the rest of the DX community. Kudos to you!

73.

Chris Knight
Fort Lupton, Colorado