At 21:56 1/24/2009, you wrote:

>Walt,
>
>I talked to John about the Wellbrook loops at Grayland and looked at
>them.  I really don't have any room to set one to the NE. The only
>antenna I have to the NE is the SW EWE and I have thought of the NE EWE,
>but the return coax will be sitting under 3-4 feet of water in the
>Winter. I have plenty of room in "certain" directions, but not always
>the direction I want. :-) The Wellbrook would also have to be pointed to
>the NE/SW correct, as would a EWE? So I am in the same boat. I could put
>a 700' beverage to the North again (maybe), with 150 feet of buried
>coax, but I have that neighbor to the West of me with the light dimmers,
>so that is another issue in running any antennas over towards that
>house. They have been threatening to move for years and are elderly, so
>maybe in time they will move. The previous person there had no noisy
>lights.  I found no TA LW activity on any of the other antennas period!
>Just the Eastern beverage brought them in. If it wasn't was the noise
>level, many would have been excellent. They were S9 or better in many
>cases, but the buzzy noise level is an issue too. There seem to be an
>issue with the EWEs, vertical, etc on TA's. I get them but not as good
>as I wished. T

The ALA100 seems to be less sensitive to local electrical noise than many other
antennas, Patrick.  It's still a little sensitive to placement, away from the
house is better, however I've successfully used one in motels (the convention
at Seaside for example), and in urban areas in Japan which are not know for
their electrically quiet conditions.   Like other loops, it provides a
reasonably sharp null and broad peaks, so a bit of rotation might knock local
noise down further.

 I wonder if there is someone you could borrow one from?   Will homeland
security let them into the country from Canada?  (hi.)

Nick