Hi Guy,

Thanks for the report. Here in Puyallup there is a weak mixing product  of
KIRO-710 and KOMO-1000 on 1710 kHz at a bearing of around 310 degrees,
which makes an accurate DF of the Russian station at night (which is even
weaker) rather tricky.  There is no daytime ground wave carrier of the  Russian
here like Steve and Walt have noticed, even on the new 10' box loop--  just
the mixing product. Maybe you will be able to detect two 1710 kHz carriers
on your Perseus. If so, you are welcome to borrow any of the large traveling
loops here for further investigation.

73, Gary

In a message dated 5/24/2009 8:26:23 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,