I seem rather sure that this is WVCC now as I heard a clear a clear promo by Hugh Hewitt as well for being on this station (no call given)

73 KAZ
----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry McLarnon" <b...@bdmcomm.ca>
To: "Discussion of AM, FM, and TV DX" <amfmt...@mailman.qth.net>
Cc: <a...@nrcdxas.org>; <irca@hard-core-dx.com>
Sent: Monday, September 07, 2009 9:31 PM
Subject: Re: [AMFMTVDX] unID 720 - Dennis Prager & SRN News

On Monday 07 September 2009 16:51, Chernos Saul wrote:
Some info on Dennis Prager, for those keeping track of this unID
late-night signal on 720. I'd heard it at Burnt River ON last night
(Sunday night September 6); others have also reported it.

www.dennisprager.com - Prager's own web site

www.srnradio.com/talk/talk-prager.shtml - Prager's affiliation with
Salem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Prager - An entry for Prager at
Wikipedia

Before hearing this unID on 720, I'd not recognized anything more
than the name, and vaguely at that - was not even sure how to spell
it. I could not discern the nature of the programming - from my
limited signal I am lucky to have come up with a poorly spelled
name that worked out to something familiar for a couple of you
(Thanks!). From these three sites it would seem he is a
Conservative phone-in talk show host, religious-based (in this case
Jewish).

I can't find any affiliate lists, thus far. I checked daytimer
program schedules for WWII PA and WGCR NC, and they only list
programming from 6 am to sunset. SRN News would seem to rule out
WVCC GA, and its sked lists only the major Conservative show hosts,
and also daytime only.

I would like to rule out WQTH Clarement NH and WVOA Dewitt NY.
These are both CPs and I have seen no reports mentioning them being
on or testing. Perhaps the status has changed for one of them.

I think I have heard the GA NC and PA stations well past sunset at
various times. I have them all logged here, anyhow.

This was coming in from either north or northwest of Chicago, or
something generally south and/or east of me.

I still vote for WVCC, because (1) Arbitron says they are affiliated
with both Fox News and SRN, and (2) WVCC carries the Dennis Prager
show, according to their website at http://720thevoice.com.  They
don't mention any programming between 9 pm and 6 am, but that's not
too surprising.

Not needed here, so I won't sweat it.

Barry

--