What a difference a day makes. After yesterday's mediocre (and I'm being polite) conditions today was a totally different story. In terms of the number of signals it ranked as one of the best of the season, with audio noted on 62 split frequencies. A lot of the signals weren't overly strong though, with even the big Japanese still somewhat subdued, rather like yesterday. Japan in general seemed a bit low, with China more favoured.

My highlights:

- Chinese doing very well on 918, with strong echoes
- Both Korea (a bit low) and Chinese heard on 999. They were about equal in strength, but it was possible to notch out either. - Two stations on 1206, the regular off frequency Korean from China, and another unID which was on frequency.
- Also two stations on 729, where I normally just hear the Japanese
- Chinese language station on 1386, where I normally hear nothing, but once in a while the NHK synchros - 1179, another frequency where I hear Japan, had a mix of at least 2 and maybe 3 stations. - CRI on 1521 had nice ID at 1300 again. This one's been nearly a daily visitor of late.

Another interesting morning, and another batch of Perseus files to review later. Hmmm, that 1 TB drive once seemed so big!

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta