Another interesting factoid about the xband is a short-lived
station called k-truck.  This was a station that was operated by the US
military somewhere in Maryland.  K-truck was a test of a transmitter that
was built by the government to conduct psychological warfare in Bosnia.
Before it was shipped over there they wanted to test it and as a result a
group of volunteers operated it for a few weeks.  The programming consisted
of rock music with announcements.  They solicited input from dxers and
others interested in providing signal and quality reception reports.  I
heard it frequently when I lived in Metuchen New Jersey.  I don't remember
how much power they ran but it was widely heard by dxers around the country
and farther a-field.

Dave Marthouse
dmartho...@gmail.com