In the Old Radio category; correct me if I'm wrong but the Call letters of US
stations were started with the W because the first eastern stations were
operated by the Westinghouse (Electric Company--not sure of this part of the
name) with the strange exception of KDKA Pittsburgh--the first Westinghouse
station.So that segways me to the question: How and why were all the western
stations ( with the exception of a few easterns- in Phily and PittsĀ ) using the
K as the first of 3 or 4 call letters? Anyone out there with a definite answer
out there? Thanks,Bill in BC