Idaho not good enuf for ya easterners? Paul Walker reports on the following DX
Test, and it's probably closer to Russia than Sarah Palin's back doorstep. I
think even western DXers will find this one a challenge. Given that the Chigago
Three were on all night last night, here's hoping the Chicago transmitter work
proceeds as planned the morning of Saturday March 10. There's just two matters
to resolve - defining the time zone where the station is located, and figuring
out how that translates into UTC, CST, EST, PST etc And determining if e-mail
QSL requests (leading to eQSLs of course) are acceptable. Paul and I came up
with conflicting times and I'm not convinced either of is right. So from Paul
(with thanks): Saturday March 10th 12am to 1230am local time

KOTZ 720 Kotzebue, Alaska will test for 30 minutes during WGN's off air period.
The test will consist of sweep tones, morse code, sound effects and other
announcements.

If you are listening for this test, please include your location, type of
listening device and antenna you used along with what you heard and the quality
of what you heard along with other details about the signal. Chief Engineer
Pierre Lonewolf is most interested in the results from this skywave skip as
they are evaulating their signal right now.

The Chief Engineer will respond to QSL requests. A self addressed stamped
envelope should be sent along with the report to:

Chief Engineer Pierre Lonewolf
KOTZ-AM 720
PO Box 78
396 Lagoon St
Kotzebue, Alaska 9975

More as we know more...please spread the word.  Saul