Hi All,

I was monitoring 1710 KHz last night and heard something different
around 0200 UTC.  A variety of music was heard ranging from Aerosmith to
James Brown.  This went on for a good hour or two until an ID finally
around 0320 UTC: "More music in just a moment, here on W807" and then
directly into an ad for a Chicago area tattoo parlor.  Googling "1710
W807" returned this list of pirate and Part 15 stations on the x-band
and "W807" is shown to be from Glasford, IL - a good 180 mile drive or
so from Chicago:

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/exband/misc.html

Here's a video showing part of my reception including the ID and some
music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ye2ITydcE

At 0330 UTC the station started airing some kind of old-time radio drama
that lasted until at least 0500 UTC and perhaps later.

So my question, has anyone around Chicagoland heard of this "W807"
station before on 1710 KHz?  I was hoping that what I heard was a Part
15 station, but another DXer from Detroit was hearing the same so I
think we can rule that out.  Surprisingly, I found only very few
references to "W807" on the net.

73,
Tim Tromp
West Michigan