Hello All,

As Nick and Dennis have already reported, it was a pretty wild sunrise
enhancement session this morning, with huge TP signals all over the band. After
checking TP propagation during the Asian sunset period (around 0930 UTC) and
finding almost nothing, I figured that our local sunrise propagation would also
be a fizzle-- and didn't even check the band until around 1440 UTC. Big gun
signals were booming in on 594, 747, 972 and 1134 kHz, with 747-JOIB especially
strong. Passing these over temporarily, I had just enough time to investigate
some second-tier frequencies like 558, 603 and 738 kHz  before signals began to
fizzle around 1505. Like both Nick and Dennis, I had two stations mixing on 603
kHz around 1455, the dominant one certainly HLSA (not the Japanese NHK1
station, as I had originally guessed before listening to the MP3 several
times). 603-HLSA managed its best signal of the season during this session,
since it is usually buried under the Chinese station Hulun Buir he!
 re (which buried it as usual, a few minutes later). 648-VOR also managed its
best signal of the season around 1503 with its Chinese-language program, but it
was badly troubled by 650-Vancouver (CISL) splatter.  Finally,1134-KBS also
managed its best signal of the season around 1357 with Korean pop music,
although 1130-CKWX (again, in Vancouver) didn't make it easy. Along with the
vibrant TP's ,Vancouver splatter seemed to get a big boost from sunrise
enhancement this morning. Because of very limited DXing time, only the
following frequencies were really checked out well this morning (during the
recordings).

603  HLSA  Namyang, S. Korea  Best signal of the season
          with Korean pop music and OM speech at 1455; a
          trace of Hulun Buir (China) underneath
          http://www.mediafire.com/?0jjbtbu1zruh03i
648  VOR  Razdolnoye, Russia  Good signal (best of season)
         during Chinese program at 1503, but bad CISL splatter
         http://www.mediafire.com/?4fwp3192ddqch3y
972  HLCA  Dangjin, S. Korea  Very good 3 + 1 pips and ID's
         at 1500; possible weak TP station underneath
         http://www.mediafire.com/?39axdcbztva08ce
1134  KBS  Namyang, S. Korea  Very good Korean pop music
         (best signal of season) in CKWX splatter at 1357
         http://www.mediafire.com/?26q3dikuq5w792z

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" MW loopstick Tecsun PL-380 +