For me, that's not the same as DX. Unless I've got a strong signal atop a
channel, I want to get the best clarity I can so that what is there is audible
to others I may share it with. That goes triple or more if we're talking about
figuring out unids. In 2013, there's really no excuse not to record directly
whether to an mp3 recorder or PC software.

But as with all things, YMMV.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id