From: Nick Hall-Patch <n...@ieee.org>
<irca@hard-core-dx.com>
Sent: Thu, May 2, 2013 9:07 pm
Subject: Re: [IRCA] TP 2May; Victoria version

Hope springs eternal Gary.

We're in the midst of a geomagnetic upset right now, but it really
was only a few days ago  (27 April) when I heard JJ stations on
1269.   I plan to hear one or two more Asiatics as the days continue
to get longer.   Watch me.   I've developed a tradition of trying to
hear at least one of the big JJ guns around the summer solstice;
there's only a few minutes of darkness path, but they are
possible.   Now, little guns, that would be interesting.   I know I
heard the NHK2 synchros on 1152 at the solstice (admittedly at the
coast) before I heard them in the fall or winter months.

best wishes,

Nick