Trouble with SDRs Gary is that you're never sure how much 'fun' you've had 'til
later on.

Things were definitely good enough to add some recordings between the usual TOH
and BOH stuff.

I'll try a better summary later on from the library - after a crab omelette at
the Blue Bouy!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 17, 2015, at 9:06 AM, d1028g...@comcast.net wrote:
>

> Hello All,
>
> Bill must have had quite a lot of fun at Grayland this morning as Asian
> propagation improved dramatically, producing the best signals of the new year
> here for 594, 693, 747, 774, 972 and 1134 (KBS). Although the session here
> was only from 1430-1515, it was obvious that Asian signals were well above
> average for the middle of winter.
>
> 594-JOAK was setting the pace as the strongest TP at my 1430 start time, with
> very good signals in and out all session long. Around 1440 the Japanese big
> guns on 693, 747, 774 and 828 seemed to hit their peak strength, with all of
> them having good audio peaks through the splatter. 972-HLCA and 1134-KBS also
> were pretty vibrant around the same time, with 972-HLCA managing its best
> signals of the new year (very good) with male-female Korean conversation at
> 1455. Besides these big guns 603-HLSA and 657-Pyongyang were both in and out
> at a fair level during this short sunrise enhancement boost, although nothing
> more exotic seemed to be showing up on the low band. The high band seemed to
> be somewhat overlooked in the propagation bonanza with only fair peaks in and
> out from 1566-HLAZ around 1500, with the other high band regulars on 1503,
> 1575 and 1593 missing in action. As yesterday the sunrise enhancement boost
> proved to be of short duration, with most of the Asians packing it i
 n by 1515. Despite the short session the NHK big guns and 972-HLCA sounded
very vibrant here during sunrise enhancement, and I'm sure that Bill W. was
able to record several far more potent (and exotic) Asian signals than those
that showed up here at this mediocre location.