--- Begin Message ---
Welcome to the northeast Michael.

One way to figure things out is to look at loggings in the IRCA and NRC
bulletins from those of us in the eastern Canada and northeastern USA regions.

Relatively near the seashore and fairly active are:
Allen Willie - NL
Brent Taylor - PEI
Sylvain Naud - QC
Bruce Conti - NH
Keith McGinnis - metro-Boston, MA
Mark Connelly, Marc DeLorenzo, Steve Wood - Cape Cod, MA

A bit farther inland but still able to bag Transatlantics and South Americans
regularly:
Bob Young - central MA
Jim Renfrew - upstate NY
Ben Dangerfield - near Philadelphia, PA
Bill Whitacre - Delmarva

Neil Kazaross, when DXing from his Grafton, WI site (cliff over Lake Michigan)
has almost-coastal-quality results sometimes too.

Reporters from other areas such as Florida will sometimes have tips that are
relevant, especially regarding the western Caribbean zone.

One problem is that all this information is more scattered around than it used
to be.

Being on several email lists, Yahoo groups, and Facebook is what you need to do
to get all the useful information though much still shows up in the
international and domestic columns of IRCA and NRC.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA

<<
Good luck in the new place Michael.  Maybe
contact Brent Taylor in
PEI for some somewhat local colour.  And, is Jean
Burnell still in
that part of the world, I wonder?)

(the spelling is
OK...it's from a Canadian to a Canadian about Canadians)

best
wishes,

Nick

At 00:43 20-10-15, you wrote:
>Hi all - I apologize for
not contributing to the group for quite a
>while. My life got incredibly busy
and I wasn't really able to get
>to the dials for the past several months. Not
only that but the
>entire electrical infrastructure of Lions Bay appeared to
be
>conspiring to ensure that nothing at all could be heard above the
>noise
level even if I COULD get a few minutes to listen..

>I decided that I needed
to get more time to listen, AND I needed to
>get rid of the QRM.
>
>So my
wife and I retired, sold our house and pretty much everything
>we owned, and
packed what we kept into a 6X10 trailer, put the cats
>in the back of the FJ
and are now comfortably living in a rental
>home in Western Shore, Nova Scotia
while we look for somewhere
>permanent to hang our antennas, er,  hats.
Everyday is Saturday. QRM
>is almost non-existent. We've only been here a
couple of days so
>haven't had any time yet to put out the wellbrook, but
intend to do
>that in the next couple of days. Once we get into a permanent

>location hopefully I'll have some room for some antenna
experimentation.

>I hope that anyone who is on the east coast might be able
to give me
>some listening tips, as I've never listened from here
before!

>Regards,
>
>Michael Yule

--- End Message ---