<<<   We split up with the idea of comparing the 2 locations. We think 4 has
horizon blockage from 300 degrees northward so might not give us some Asians.
It does have a better "backscreen" cliff wall behind it.
Rockworks 2 has no horizon blockage towards Asia. But a bit more signal might
leak in from behind with the less imposing cliff wall behind it.   >>>

Your assessment of the relative cliff geometry is very accurate, Chuck. It
would be great if Rockwork 2 had a "perfectly shaped" cliff for Asian reception
like Rockwork 4 has for DU reception, but its shape isn't nearly so dramatic.
We have only scratched the surface in investigating ocean cliff transoceanic
propagation, though, so we probably still have quite a few discoveries in
store.

<<<    Guy and I have a better impression of Asiatic reception from Rockworks
4 than you. Perhaps because we have been there in the fall (TP season) while
your comments mention July lack of TPs.   >>>

After investigating all of the northwest Oregon ocean cliffs from 2011-2012
there was only one that I thought would really perform for Asian TP's-- Cape
Perpetua. Unfortunately it is remote, highly exposed to foul weather and
extremely cramped for broadband antenna setup (at the Highway 101 turnoff, that
is). Rockwork 2 is closer to Puget Sound and has much more antenna setup space,
but doesn't offer the same cliff geometry. If given a choice between Rockwork 2
and 4 for Asian TP reception, though, Rockwork 2 should be preferable.

Of course, when Asian propagation is dreary along the entire west coast neither
location is likely to meet expectations.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)

We split up with the idea of comparing the 2 locations. We think 4 has horizon
blockage from 300 degrees northward so might not give us some Asians. It does
have a better "backscreen" cliff wall behind it.

Rockworks 2 has no horizon blockage towards Asia. But a bit more signal might
leak in from behind with the less imposing cliff wall behind it.

Guy and I have a better impression of Asiatic reception from Rockworks  4 than
you. Perhaps because we have been there in the fall (TP season) while your
comments mention July lack of TPs.

Chuck