Work has kept me away from the dials lately, but tonight I happened to be out
driving around SSS time. A quick check of 1500 KHz at 5:55 PM CST revealed the
“mystery noise” warbling signal dominant on the frequency. It remained very
strong, peaking at around 6:10PM, before fading into a mix of stations.

The signal continued to be audible, but not nearly as strong until I had to
stop listening around 6:40 PM CST.

I’d love to find out who this signal belongs to. Made some notes on the other
stations that were in tonight, just to eliminate them. Who was the suspect
station again? I seem to recall something about a 250 watt station that might
be the culprit? That’s hard to believe considering the strength of the signal
here but anything is possible I suppose.

Maybe we should replace our sweep tones on DX Tests with whatever that mystery
signal is!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Marlene, AL
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.