I read in the latest Broadcasting Information column that another frequency
swap has taken place, this time in Redding CA. KNRO is now 1400 khz and KQMS
has moved to 1670. BOTH have been logged down here at the opposite end of the
state. I believe KQMS (then 1400) was on a DX test. Guess I'll have to log both
on their new frequencies now, which is appropriate since the brand new Sangean
DT-160 ultralight that I ordered from Amazon should arrive by Labor Day
weekend. (The same rig that Dennis Gibson posted an article on right here a
couple weeks back). Other changes in and around CA of course include the format
change back to standards on KMZT 1260. I see KPSI 920 in Palm Springs is silent
(at least for the time being). KDES occupied that frequency for years. KWXY
1340 in Cathedral City is silent again. They seem to flip back and forth
between beautiful music and talk. Pat Martin, Bob Wien, and I all visited their
site a few years back. 'Quite a dramatic sight.  2 more days an
 d we will be back into the months with "R"'s in them again, or what we
affectionately refer to as the DX Season! I hope everybody has a happy and safe
labor day weekend, and the same for those attending the Kansas City Convention
this year. (Try to hit some of those barbecue places in town, hi). 73  MS