--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also
VHF/UHF, sometimes utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without
much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with extensive news from many other individuals and
publications in DX LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open
access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page55
[over 195,000 views as of Feb 2, 2017]

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only
or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan
stock caradio as specified; ICR-75  E-W longwire

** MEXICO. 770, re my log of XEACH Monterrey, Raymie Humbert, AZ, replies on
the WTFDA Forum: ``Luces de la Ciudad is the LHN optout in Mexico City. Radio
Fórmula must be pretty lazy to not put the Nuevo León one on the air instead.
The NL one has the less inspiring title Nuevo León en La Hora Nacional:
http://www.nl.gob.mx/nuevo-leon-en-la-hora-nacional
[his tagline based on federal XE standard disclaimers:] Este programa es
público, ajeno a cualquier partido político. Queda prohibido el uso para fines
distintos a los establecidos en el programa`` (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** CUBA. 890, Feb 2 at 0544, romantic song in Spanish on E/W antenna without
needing to null WLS, same // two syllables later on weaker 900. This means it
has to be R. Progreso, 890 per WRTH being 200 kW from Chambas-Centro 6 in Ciego
de Ávila, mid-Cuba; 900 being 50 kW at San Germán, far Holguín. 900 delay must
be caused by a satellite hop or two to Holguín beyond Ciego de Ávila. So I also
try to detect a // on 880 beneath KRVN/KHAC and whatever: almost positively.
That would be 12 kW at nearest Pinar del Rio-San Juan.

900 is one of Cuba`s most powerful single MW transmitters, the other 200 kW
being the main Rebelde on 710 but lots of relays also there to block ``wacky``
WAQI, Miami. 0545 segué to a more upbeat song, and on 890 I can tell the
modulation is distorted. Soon WLS fades back up overtaking (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---