> On Mar 25, 2018, at 11:41 AM, Gary DeBock <d1028g...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Yes, my neighbor has apparently deployed a plasma TV or something, causing an
> S6 noise level on most MW frequencies here in Puyallup. The FSL's can null
> the noise down to about S3, but it's just one more reason to head for the
> ocean coast for anything exotic. Sound familiar?

Indeed it does Gary.  Just out picking up some limbs shook loose by a ‘big
wind’ we had here a few weeks back and found one part of my 4-element Wellbrook
phased delta loop on the ground — chewed off by my neighbors wagging maple tree
limbs.

Fixed it and gave a listen to see how it was working to find even more local
noise than when I last used it over a month ago.

I long for another trip to Grayland, Lubec or even the eastern shore of
Maryland where we can at least find much reduced levels of QRN and a shot at
some DX across a pond.

Bill Whitacre
Alexandria, VA