--- Begin Message ---
At 0646 ELT this morning, 12/10, I heard KCMY 1300 "Cowboy Country" Carson
City, Nevada.  They were strong & steady so I think they were running their
daytime power of 5kw instead of their night power of 120 watts.
I thought I was hearing KLER Orofino, Idaho, which usually occupies 1300 here &
is also C&W, until they gave their calls & slogan.
Since it was 0346 local time it's conceivable that they were testing their
transmitter during the experimental period.
What's interesting for me is I first heard them as KPTL in November 1962 at the
tender age of 11, just a couple days after discovering AM DX by accidentally
picking up KFBK 1530 on an old Sears Silvertone 5 tube clock radio my parents
gave me.  That discovery launched a hobby for me that I still thoroughly enjoy
57 years later.
I wouldn't pick up KPTL again until 1988 on my Sony ICF 2003 that I still have.
 This morning's catch of KCMY is only the third time I've heard them from here.
I did hear them at the 2017 IRCA Convention in Reno since they are local there,
hi.
Stan WeisbeckSpokane, WADrake R8 + Kiwa Loop

--- End Message ---