As far as ironruby's website can tell, long time indeed ;) (Last release
was May 13 , 2011!).

Anyways, I been working with the DLR back in the days when it was about to
merge with linq expressions trees, and learn a lot from that project.
Nowadays, as part of my date time job, I work on a compiler for a scripting
language that runs on top of .NET, so I'm somewhat familiar with these kind
of projects. And I also love ruby, who doesn't!

What I'm not sure about, is how much time would require a project like
this... It seems to big to me... That's the only thing that holds me back,
but I'll check the repo tomorrow morning and I'll contact you if I think I
can help. (I own DLR's guys a lot of money ;) I'll be really happy to
contribute back).

~ Ale Miralles.
http://amiralles.net