First off,  many thanks for your continuous help Thimo.

And actually not, I did not try it that way. Honestly, this whole Python
environment & search path stuff is very confusing for me. (I am still
wondering why the file system hierarchy was chosen as a namespace in Python
instead of declaring it explicitly from code. This was quite a bad idea in
my view, but this is another topic....)

Based on your suggestion I think I will have to re-install a couple of
packages with Ipy, as I only did it with Python and thought it is
eventually the same.

Touching the installation topic, I would like to ask one other thing. I
already learnt I can't use lxml package from IronPython. Have you by any
chance heard about any alternatives to it ?

Thanks,
Laszlo