Hello Isabelle developers.

I was about to have another attempt at speeding up a tactic we implemented for
L4.verified using net-matching. In reading Pure/net.ML I spotted the comment
"Requires operands to be beta-eta-normal." In rereading the existing
biresolution_from_nets_tac code, however, I didn't spot any attempt to beta/eta
normalise the terms passed.

It occurs to me that I don't even know whether theorems in Isabelle can be
assumed to be beta/eta normal. Does anyone have any quick pointers on that? Is
there a potential bug here? Don't go searching for it - I'm happy to build some
test cases and search for the answer myself if noone knows.

Yours,
    Thomas.

The information in this e-mail may be confidential and subject to legal
professional privilege and/or copyright. National ICT Australia Limited accepts
no liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachments.