On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Lucas Dixon wrote:

... at the moment I need Isabelle2009-2, too many dependencies to quickly unravel... is there an easy way to disable multi-threading/futures so that I can see what the real ML error is? a quick pointer to what to hack in the ML-Systems dir? :)

At the moment I need reliability/simplicity over speed; so will probably need to do this anyway...

You merely need to get the effect of "usedir -M 1 -q 0" in interactive mode, which works via some Proof General menu items. In ML the corresponding references can ge set as follows:

  Multithreading.max_threads := 1;
  Goal.parallel_proofs := 0;

        Makarius