The question is if PG 4.1 converges sufficiently fast for Isabelle2011, and if we should switch to the PGIP update for floating point settings. This would mean to discontinue 4.0 and 3.x altogether.

I've been using PG 4.1 for a while now from cvs, and it works nicely, except that I've regularly experienced sync losses in connection with the undo-on-edit feature. I couldn't track this down enough to come up with a useful bug report yet, but it seems that switching off this feature solves the problem.

Thus, if 4.1 is going to be used, I would recommend having undo-on-edit switched off by default (maybe this is the case anyway, I am not sure...)

Alex