On Tue, 18 Mar 2014, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

I may partly be to blame by introducing some metis calls. But there are some terrible proofs here (e.g. just “rule”, WTF?).

I see that everybody is happily cleaning up these slightly odd theories
due to Robert Himmelmann, based on material from John Harrison.

Maybe I should try to improve the implicit "rule" method to reveal the rule that was applied --- via a form of semantic completion. It is a bit more difficult than the other completions so far, because there is also the lazy enumeration of rules and rule instantiations involved.

        Makarius