On Mon, 20 Oct 2014, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

I recently tried to launch the Isabelle development version, but got error messages indicating (in a fairly obscure way) the need to install the Perl module LWP::Simple. Something new here?

Maybe an update of Mac OS X or MacPorts.

The default perl in the PATH needs to provide LWP::Simple, e.g. for "isabelle components" or remote Sledgehammer.

This is one of the rare situations where we still have the IKEA principle: users need to make sure that they have a proper perl installation.

        Makarius