On 2017-08-24 23:25, Manuel Eberl wrote:
Purely out of interest: Does this also hold for filters?

Manuel

Do filters form a complete lattice? It seems that a filter of a lattice should be nonempty. I think that this condition would prevent the set of filters to be a lattice.

If empty set is accepted as a filter, then one could have a complete lattice
of filters (filter will be closed to arbitrary intersections). But I don't know
if this complete lattice is distributive.

Viorel