Hi,

> The second is to do what I originally had in mind, which is to leave these
> values in regular value ObjectAdapters (where getOid() returns null); and
> then to have some sort of Facet on the corresponding ObjectSpecification to
> act as a hint to the viewer not to render the value.

Currently  building an adapter requires to access the value, thus it
will be loaded. My idea is to create a type of adapter that doesn't
need the value, but takes an accessor and parent as arguments. It
would only call the accessor when Adapter.getObject() is called. Thus
we can avoid calling it in the viewer (ex. until user clicks
'Download' link).

> Can you expand on what you're doing here?

Never mind that.

Slides uploaded:
http://inightmare.org/ishare/ISIS-254-1.pdf

Giedrius.