Mu`adh Bin Jabal (May Allah Be Pleased with Him)

His Birth and Early Life:

-            Mu`adh bin Jabal (may Allah be pleased with him) was born in Medina.

-            He was characterized with acute mind, firm resolution, eloquent speech and good appearance.

-            He embraced Islam at young age at the hands of Mus`ab bin `Umair, who was sent to Medina by the Prophet to teach them Islam.

His Pledge of Allegiance to the Prophet:

-            Mu`adh bin Jabal was among the group of seventy-two persons who pledged allegiance to the Prophet (peace be upon him).

-            Following the homage paid to the Prophet (peace be upon him), Mu`adh returned to Medina to call people to Islam. Some men, who later became among the major Companions, such as `Amr bin Al-Jamuh, embraced Islam at his hands.

His Status:

-            When the Prophet (peace be upon him) immigrated to Medina, Mu`adh kept company with him until he mastered the Holy Qur’an and was informed of the laws of Islam. He thus became one of the most knowledgeable Companions in Qur’an and Islamic laws, in addition to his mastery of Qur’an recitation. The Prophet (peace be upon him) praised him saying: “The most knowledgeable of lawful and unlawful among my Ummah is Mu`adh bin Jabal.”

-            Mu`adh bin Jabal was one of the six persons who compiled the Qur’an during the life of the Prophet (peace be upon him).

-            Following the conquest of Mecca, Mu`adh was ordered by the Prophet (peace be upon him) to stay in Mecca to teach people the laws of Islam and how to recite the Holy Qur’an.

-            When the kings of Yemen came to the Prophet (peace be upon him) to declare their embracement of Islam and demanded him to sent with them an instructor to teach them Islam, he chose Mu`adh to carry out this task at the head of a group of Companions and went out to bid them farewell in person. He said to Mu`adh, “You may not see me again after this year. Perhaps you then pass by my mosque and grave…” Mu`adh wept for parting with the Prophet (peace be upon him). Indeed, the Prophet died and Mu`adh could not see him again since they last met. When the news of the Prophet’s death reached Mu`adh, he wept severely and was greatly moved.

-            When `Umar bin Al-Khattab assumed caliphate, he sent Mu`adh to the Banu Kilab to distribute spoils among them.

-            His Travel to Syria:

-            During the caliphate of `Umar bin Al-Khattab, Yazid bin Abi Sufyan, the ruler of Syria demanded him to send an instructor to teach Islam to the people there. `Umar then met Mu`adh bin Jabal, `Ubadah bin Al-Samit, Abu Aiyub Al-Ansari, Ubai bin Ka`b and Abu Al-Darda’ and said to them: “Your brothers in Syria sought from me to send them some men to teach them the Holy Qur’an and the teachings of religion. So, please choose three from among you for this task, otherwise I will determine the three.” They replied: “Why should we vote? As Abu Aiyub is an old man, and Ubai is sick, only three are available.” `Umar said to them: “Then start with Homs; if you feel satisfied with the conditions of its people, then let one of you remain there and the other two should go, one to Damascus and the other to Palestine. The three headed to Homs and it was `Ubadah bin Al-Samit who remained there, while Abu Al-Darda’ went to Damascus and Mu`adh to Palestine.

His Death:

-            Mu`adh stayed in Palestine until he was afflicted by the plague and died there.

Do you Yahoo!?

///// MEDIA JIM: Memurnikan Tanggapan Umum Melalui Penyebaran Ilmu dan Maklumat
//////////////////////////////////

Nota: Kandungan mel ini tidak menggambarkan pendirian rasmi Pertubuhan
Jamaah Islah Malaysia (JIM) melainkan yang dinyatakan sedemikian.

Berminat menjadi ahli JIM? Sila isi borang keahlian "online" di: http://www.jim.org.my/forms/borang_keahlian.htm

Langganan : Hantar E-mail kosong ke
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsub     : Hantar E-mail kosong ke