Title: MCRC Newsletter

American Justice will apply to all of us
Chicago Muslim Groups Say Verdict on Boim Case Unfair

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Muslim Civil Rights Center, December 08, 2004

(CHICAGO, IL, 12/08/2004 ) - An unfortunate, but expected, decision was rendered today by a jury who heard one side of the story. The Quranic Literacy Institute (QLI) has been found guilty on evidence that is vague and poorly contextualized without having a realistic chance of addressing the evidence cited against it.

Few weeks earlier, before the trial began, Judge Arlander Keys ruled in a summary judgment against the Islamic Association of Palestine (IAP), the Holy Land Foundation and Mohammad Salah and held them liable for the death of David Boim without adequate due process.

Today, Judge Keys ordered the three Islamic charities and Mohammad Salah to pay $156 million to Boim’s parents.

SEE:

Judge Awards $156M to Dead Teen's Parents

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/sns-ap-islamic-charities-suit,1,223551.story?coll=chi-news-hed

The defendants who had had their assets frozen already did not have the funds to hire the necessary legal representation; their legal team was comprised of one lawyer. They were denied a key continuance on the case, which is routinely granted, to prepare and refute the plaintiff’s arguments. Moreover, recent media coverage shows that many reporters have taken sides, and have presupposed guilt, condemning the defendants in the court of public opinion long before the verdict came out.

“Attention needs to be drawn to the fact that QLI has not received a fair trial - neither in the courtroom, nor on the pages of the daily papers. This is a case of justice catered to the more resourceful party, and proper due process denied to the usual suspects,” said Rasheed Ahmed , President of the Muslim Civil Rights Center .

“The implications of this case are trend-setting,” said Yaser Tabbara , Executive Director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations – Chicago. “Such a lawsuit, with the inordinate connections it’s trying to forge, is unheard of and therefore is likely to set an outrageous precedent in which every party with the necessary resources and an agenda will purport to sue every organization with the flimsiest links to suspected parties involved in the conflict in the Middle East, and for the most farfetched of behests.”

“In the case of QLI, the evidence cited to incriminate it has been vague and presumptuous; guilt was always presupposed. This is very much a political case in that the subjective identity of the defendant has solicited exorbitant and undue scrutiny, influencing the verdict. An unbiased fact-based pursuit of justice should really be the only determinant for the proceedings and outcome of a case entrusted to an official court of law. We ask that the media and the public remain vigilant of this alarming anomaly of democracy that seems to increasingly single out members of the Muslim-American community,” said Amer Haleem, Secretary of the Quranic Literacy Institute.

“This case was supposedly about remedying the harm that was done to an innocent young man, sadly, another egregious harm has been inflicted upon yet another completely innocent entity,” Haleem added

-END-

CONTACT: MCRC, Rasheed Ahmed, 708-598-6640, Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Muslim Civil Rights Center is a community based non-profit organization with the mission to create awareness about civil rights in the United States. For more information, please contact:

Muslim Civil Rights Center
7667 W. 95th Street, Suite 8E, Hickory Hills, IL 60457
Phone: 1-708-598-6640, 1-866-648-6272, Fax: 1-708-598-5283
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], Website: www.mcrcnet.org

Please email your comments and suggestions to [EMAIL PROTECTED] If you have received this email directly from Muslim Civil Rights Center and wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, you may go to www.mcrcnet.org, or simply reply to this e-mail and put "Remove" in the subject line. You are also encouraged to read our Privacy Policy

This email was sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], by [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Muslim Civil Rights Center | 7667 W. 95th Street | Suite 8E | Hickory Hills | IL | 60457

All International news articles and news are available at

Please visit also:  www.apm-ram.org

Please see also: http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/

International News

[Zionism is Racism, Anti-Zionism is not Anti-Semitism]

Please read and feel free to forward, print, and publish.

We would like to apologize for any repeated messages, and any typing or grammatical errors.

We act because we believe in this quote: “ You can fool some of the people all the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time”

Disclaimer

This material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

We are committed to free knowledge, unless otherwise indicated, the opinions, personal articles or news analysis expressed on this e-mails are not necessarily those of the sender. This e-mail has been compiled in good faith. It is our condition that, in exchange for this free information, you the receiver accept that we will not be liable for any action you, the user take based on the information in this e-mail. It is essential that you, the user verify any and/or all information contained herein before making your final decision. This e-mail does not necessarily endorse the ideas or presentation of ideas of the sites it links to and with. We make no representations about any linked web site's accuracy, completeness, and authenticity. We firmly believe in the Freedom of Speech. We believe in civilized exchange of ideas and thoughts. We will hold any one trying to damage our image legally responsible before the courts and will keep ourselves the right to pursue the perpetrators to the maximum law limit. If you do not agree with this disclaimer or would like to stop receiving our e-mails, please unsubscribe, if you find that this e-mail is a good source of knowledge and would like to invite any others, please feel free.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada

Yahoo! Groups Links