Assalamualaikum

Pls contact the brother directly...

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 12:35 AM
Subject: Urgent - coordinating aid to Aceh

Dear all

Re: Aceh aid

I am writing to all fundraisers/NGOs/Charities who have been raising fund for donation of any nature and either having difficulties getting the aid to aceh or having no direct contact with those humanitarian groups who are already in the field work in Aceh.

I am more than willing to coordinate your relief aid by directing to the right humanitarian groups who are already working in aceh and some are nearly having shortage of supplies (once I establish contact between you and those groups in aceh, you will have detailed discussion with those humanitarian groups in aceh directly).

I do have direct contact with those humanitarian charities who amongst them were the first to arrive in helping the victims. My contacts encompasses few Malaysian based charities/NGOs, Indonesian based charities/NGOs and few UK based, which provide:
     - doctors/medical experts NGOs
     - field workers
     - distributor of various aid items
     - rehabilitation NGOs

They have been piling up of aid at the Banda Aceh airport due to those aid where not properly coordinated.

In most cases few international charities who have no establishment in aceh take for granted that their shipping of aid will be benefited to other groups working in aceh. However, since those existing groups working in aceh have not been properly informed, their shipping of aid were left at the centre without being distributed urgently to those in need. You can read similar report in the UK newspaper today. Some have been wasted.

Major aid NGOs have no problem since they already have direct contact and do have people working on the ground. However, there is still a problem for other NGOs/charities who honestly have been collecting fund in their regional area/country but have no direct contact whatsoever in channelling those fund collected.

If you have aid (food, medical supplies, or of any vital items) coming in for victims in aceh, please do let me know and I will do my best to direct you to the NGOs in aceh or nearby area. Alternatively if your organisation wishing to collaborate and working along side with the existing charities/NGOs, I will try to establish contact for you.

If you are amongst independent volunteers who will be in aceh on voluntary basis, please also let me know as those charities in aceh are in need of your help as well.

Just doing my bit to help...

Regards

Zifri Baharudin

Mobile:     +44 77178 70048