Letter to Donors
http://www.kinderusa.org/donorletter.htm

Dear Respected Donors,

Assalaamu alaikum (Peace be unto you),

In early 2002, KinderUSA was formed in response to
dual challenges posed by the state of Muslim charities
in America and the rapidly deteriorating humanitarian
picture in Palestine. Through the generosity of our
donors, we have successfully raised and disbursed more
than four million dollars on needy children and their
families in slightly under three years of existence.

At KinderUSA, our central concerns remain that your
charitable contributions are utilized in the manner
intended and that those in need continue to receive
the humanitarian assistance they deserve. Since our
inception, KinderUSA has been committed to
transparency and due diligence on all levels.

As a standard business practice, we have conducted
annual audits, issued annual reports, and had an
independent expert evaluate our programs and
operations in Gaza in terms of effectiveness,
transparency and accountability. In accordance with
rules governing non-profit organizations, we have
filed returns with appropriate state and federal
agencies, extending every effort to comply with all
federal laws regulating the operation of charities,
including the 2002 Treasury Department’s
“Anti-Terrorist Financing Guidelines: Voluntary Best
Practices for US-Based Charities.” We have engaged
directly with the Treasury Dept. on a regular basis to
ensure that the interests of American Muslim donors
are respected and that American Muslim charities
receive fair treatment under the law.

Despite all of our efforts, in recent weeks we have
discovered that the federal government has targeted
KinderUSA for investigation. This has taken the form
of unwarranted and obtrusive surveillance by the FBI,
wiretapping, attempts to bribe and subvert our
employees (which has caused them to resign in fear),
spreading of malicious disinformation about the
organization, and the possible invasion of our office
space.

In the current environment, we cannot in good faith
continue to solicit donations when there are no
safeguards in place to guarantee that the federal
government will not seize these funds and divert them
from their intended, legitimate destination. We have
approached the government seeking an explanation to
help us understand the basis of this investigation and
are currently awaiting a response.

Rest assured that your recent donations have made it
to their intended destination with the Ramadan project
feeding needy children while helping farmers in
cooperation with Agricultural Relief Committee; our
ongoing psychosocial support center for the severely
traumatized implemented by Terre des hommes; and
distributing milk to needy pre-schoolers with ANERA.
Our forthcoming newsletter will provide full details
regarding our activities during the last quarter.

We feel it is in the best interests of the
beneficiaries, donors and the foundation to enter into
a period of evaluation and review of our options
during the calendar year of 2005. Once we conclude
this period of review, we will inform you of any
further developments. With the necessary assurances
from the US government, we will be able to continue
our important work, God-willing.

May God bless you for all of your efforts on behalf of
those in greatest need

For the children,

The Board of Directors

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

http://us.click.yahoo.com/UwRTUD/UOnJAA/i1hLAA/TXWolB/TM

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.}
(Holy Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links