Date: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 3:57:42 PM
Subject: Re: [IslamCity] dogs

bismiAllah

wassalamu3alikum wa ra7matuallahi wabarakatuhu

Dear izzuddeen,

Whenever we read a hadeeth or ayah, we must keep in
mind that we read it carefully and understand it. ALL
AHADEETH IN THE SIX BOOKS ARE STRONG AND EXACT AND
THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. Having a dog is not
prohibited, BUT SLEEPING WITH THE DOG IS, AND BEING
TOO CLOSE TO THE DOG AS ITS SELIWA IS NAJS=DIRTY, AND
DOGS PRESENCE INSIDE THE HOUSE KEEPS THE ANGLES AWAY
FROM THE HOUSE.
It is not forbidden to have a dog as a guard or other
benifits as faar as it is kept seperately from our
living.

Allah knows best
akhookum fiAllah
Hyder binJameel
--- Ameen Izzadeen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear brothers/sisters
> I read the hadees regarding dogs. But what baffles
> me is the verses of Surah Kuhf where the youths who
> slept for years had a dog, a companion.If Allah has
> approved the companionship of a dog then why is he
> forbidding it for us? Besides there is also a hadees
> where a woman of ill-fame is rewarded for quenching
> the thirst of a dog.
> How authentic are hadees one cites on the question
> of dogs
> Ameen

http://mail.yahoo.com

Would you Help a Child in need?
It is easier than you think.
Click Here to meet a Child you can help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0Z9NuA/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/TXWolB/TM

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) also said, "Whoever calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

Yahoo! Groups Links