Dear Khurram    AA

Certainly, we will dicuss this verse (10:87) in detail
but first let us see what sister Hind say about it.
This verse is very important to understand the reality
of Aqeemus Salaat and Qibla particularly when we will
study it in the light of Moses's Mission. He was sent
to Pharaoh with one point agenda only and that was
liberation of Bani Israel from the oppression of
Pharaoh and the chieftains in his kingdom.

Moses was especially opted and trained by God to
accomplish this mission. When he arrived in the palace
he didn't talk to Pharaoh anything else. He straight
forwardly said to him: " O Pharaoh ! I am the
Messenger of one who is the Sustainer of the Universe.
One for whom it is right to say nothing but truth
about God. I come to you from your God with clear
Signs. Liberate Bani Israel and let them depart along
with me." (7;104-5).

Now, the point to ponder is to find out the relation
between Aqeemus Salaat and the Mission of Moses (as).
We have to see what history teaches us about the
struggle of Nations for their Independence from the
forces of Oppression and Exploitation ? Do they
achieve their independence by simply prostrating and
worshipping God ? Or they strived hard with their all
resources and did not hesitate to sacrifice their
wealth and life. And what about those leaders who
prepared thier people to fight despots and tyrants ?
Did they just lead them in prayers or also educated
and trained them to face the challenges squarely with
intellect and might ?

If we could find answers to these questions we can
easily understand God's Agenda on this earth. What is
His Mission ? What He wants us to do ? And, How His
Mission is accomplished ?

Bashir Abid

--- Khurram Chaudhry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> salam Bashir, my God's blessings and favors be upon
> you.
>
> you have stated a verse in which the word Qibla
> comes alongside aqimusalaat.
>
> there are four translations that I put forth...and
> not one has qubla the way we were discussing it
>

> 010.087
>
> Waawhayna ila moosa waakheehi an tabawwaa
> liqawmikuma bimisra buyootan waijAAaloo buyootakum
> qiblatan waaqeemoo alssalata wabashshiri
> almu/mineena
>
> YUSUFALI: We inspired Moses and his brother with
> Egypt, make your dwellings into places of worship,
> and establish regular prayers: and give glad tidings
> to those who believe!"
>
> PICKTHAL: And We inspired Moses and his brother,
> (saying): Appoint houses for your people in Egypt
> and make your houses oratories, and establish
> worship. And give good news to the believers.
>
> SHAKIR: And We revealed to Musa and his brother,
> saying: Take for your people houses to abide in
> Egypt and make your houses places of worship and
> keep up prayer and give good news to the believers.
>
> KHALIFA: We inspired Moses and his brother.
> "Maintain your homes in Egypt for the time being,
> turn your homes into synagogues, and maintain the
> Contact Prayers (Salat). Give good news to the
> believers."
>

> now I am confused as to which part of the
> translations relates to qiblatan?
>
> could you let me know?
>

> Bashir Abid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Dear Khurram   aa
>
> What does 'QIBLA' stand for in verse: 10:87
>
> " Wa ohaina ila Mosa wa Akhihe un tabawa le qumekuma
> be Misra bayutan wa ja'lu bayutakum QIBLTAN wa
> Aqeemus
> Salaat...."
>
> Bashir Abid
>

> --- Khurram Chaudhry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > salaam Hind,
> >
> > you are ofcourse correct. when God pleases us with
> > His Blessings, it is not without wisdom and the
> > knowledge of current, past and future events.
> >
> > no doubt, you are but praising the practicality of
> > this choice as the Qibla stands now for us as
> > opposed to if it was jerusalem, or anything else.
> >

> > it is all as per His great plans....and He knows
> > best why
> >
> > but for the purpose of our Din and practice..it is
> > thus.
> >
> > no doubt even our existence may be symbolic of
> > something we cannot imagine....but for us, the
> > message is of practicality in which we are told to
> > cooperate and assist as this is good for us.
> >

> > the qibla to our knowledge is that...an ease and
> > practicality...
> >

> > Hind Rifai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Salaam,
> >
> > My understanding is that prior to the Revelation
> > everyone prayed to a Qiblah- pre-Islamic poetry
> has
> > many such references- the choice of Qiblah was
> > symbolic of the high value invested in the Qiblah-
> (
> > thing or person).

> [...]

Would you Help a Child in need?
It is easier than you think.
Click Here to meet a Child you can help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sTR6_D/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/TXWolB/TM

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.}
(Holy Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links