Should we trust media reports?

Since Tony Blair declared the recent London bombings to be the work of
Muslims, the media have firmly kept the words Islam and Muslim in the
articles they are writing. The 'serious' media carry reports about the
Muslim community, their views on the bombing, whilst speculating on the
possibility of suicide bombing. The links are not always directly made, nor
accusatory, but nevertheless the association is made. The tabloid media,
which has done its utmost to heighten public emotions, is altogether more
frank in its association of the words Islam, Muslim and terror.

We have sadly become used to this, and even though 'blame before proof' has
been flagged up to them many times in the past, we have come to accept the
fact that Islam and Muslims cannot expect fair treatment from the media,
even to the point that by any normal standard this kind of atmosphere could
never really allow fair justice to occur if charges were made against a
Muslim.

But should we really pay any attention to the western media's portrayal of
these events? If we scrutinise the evidence of the reporting of this case we
can see that there are serious unanswered questions that the media has
ignored. Furthermore if we dig deeper into the make up of the media we may
see that their independence maybe seriously compromised.

The Unanswered Question

Amongst the questions the media has not asked is the site of the bombings.
Most Muslims who live in London will have been shocked by the blame
immediately attached to Muslims by these bombings, because of their
location. Edgware Road has a very large local Arab Muslim community with
halal restaurants and shisha cafes frequented mostly by Muslims. Aldgate
East is a stones throw from Whitechapel a place with London’s largest
Muslim population. Any person who travels to the City by the Underground
will know that commuter trains that travel through Liverpool Street and
Aldgate are full of Muslim workers to the City every morning. It hence
remains bizarre that anyone should assume that bombs planted in areas that
were heavily populated by Muslims, should have been planted by Muslims. All
of this remains unanswered, along with the question of who benefits most
from such bombings.

An Independent media? I don't think so

The print media and much of the satellite media are owned by corporate
giants, whose financial prospects through investments clearly prosper from
the exploitation of resources and markets in far off lands. Furthermore,
media moguls like Rupert Murdoch [owner of the Times, the Sun, and Sky TV]
or Conrad Black [former owner of the Telegraph] have openly Zionist
political views that support the WOT.

The BBC is the state broadcasting network of the UK. The language and styles
they use maybe less blatant than the state networks in Russia or China, but
in reality they tow the establishment line indeed they are an integral part
of the establishment.

An article in the Guardian in June 2000 [see link below] goes through
detailed arguments of how journalists are manipulated and recruited by the
intelligence services.

False terror attacks and fabricated evidence?

Some people may think it surprising, but it has been done before.
Declassified State department documents show the USA once planned terrorist
actions in Florida and near Cuba in order to blame it on the Cubans, in
order to justify an invasion of Cuba.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20010430/northwoods.pdf

In 1954 the Israelis were caught bombing British and American interests in
Cairo and attempting to blame the Muslim brotherhood. (David Hirst's book:
The Gun and the Olive Branch, 1977, 1984, Futura Publications ).
http://www.mideastweb.org/lavon.htm

In the 1993 WTC bomb the FBI planted Emad A Salen to infiltrate an Arab
group and actively incite violent attacks. There is a history of so called
"Fake terror attack" used to justify war and oppressive actions. Indeed, we
should even be sceptical of video tape and supposed website evidence. In
2004 Glen Jenvey (alias Pervez Khan) setup a false Islamic website to lure
"Islamic Extremists", the evidence he obtained was apparently used to hold
Abu Hamza. No one doubted the legitimacy of the website.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/08/16/eveningnews/main636344.shtml

We should also not forget that in the age of Hollywood, where dinosaurs can
come alive, light sabre fights occur, and hobbits march side by side with
wizards. In our view a healthy scepticism of the media is a sign of a
rational and open mind.

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.}
(Holy Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links