Cead Mile Failte

It is obvious that the author of this article knows very little, if
anything, about witchcraft/wicca. Firstly, witches DO NOT follow or
worship devils/Satans/Shayaateen. Unlike most mainstream religions,
Witchcraft does not have a long list of laws governing their
behavior. Witches generally adhere to what has become known as "THE
WICCAN REDE" and "THE THREE-FOLD LAW". These two principles contain
the basics of what Witches define as ethical and moral behavior
within the Craft and the society in which they live.

THE WICCAN REDE:  An it harm none, do as ye will. "Harm" is defined
as "physical or mental damage" and to this we can add "psychic
damage" as well. To inflict harm on another is simply not a thing
that a Witch would do.

Much criticism has been leveled at the Witches Rede by outsiders
who, by a quick reading of the text, assume that it is a license to
do whatever "feels good" to the individual without accompanying
responsibility. Nothing could be further from the truth. The
Witches' Rede is rich with compassion, empathy and respect for
others, the individual practitioner, the Goddess/God, and Mother
Earth. It guides and directs energies "for the good of all".

THE LAW OF THREE:  Basically, this is the natural law of "cause and
effect". The Goddess charges witches to exercise great care in all
that they, as Witches, do and say and even think. The Threefold Law
takes the notion that "what we reap, we will sow", a few steps
further..in fact, THREE steps further. For what people do "for good
or for ill, shall be returned to them threefold." In light of this
fact, Witches are loath to cause any harm, lest it be returned to
them in spades!!

If you want to know how to build a boat you ask a boat builder. If
you ask a bricklayer you will make a boat made of bricks. If you
want to know about witches you ask a witch, not an Islamic Shayk, or
a Christian Priest. Also, do you ask a witch about Islam or about
Christianity? No, you ask a muslim about Islam and a Christian about
christianity.  The witches in my family and neighborhood are the
most gentle of people I have ever met. I believe it is a sin to
blame witches or anyone else for any unfortunate events in life.
Other people are not responsible for the "fate" that befalls you.

Witch/Wiccan F.A.Q.s

Q: Are you a good Witch or a bad Witch?

A: When you ask if someone is a "good" Witch or a "bad" Witch, it is
the same as asking someone if they are a "good" Presbyterian or
a "bad" Presbyterian. Wiccans adhere to the Rede, "An it harm none,
do as ye will." Witches, Druids and other pagan belief systems and
religions have their own ethical standards. There are good and bad
people in every society and in every religion. When a person breaks
the laws of society or the tenets of their religion, they are called
to account for their actions. To judge a person as either "good"
or "bad" based upon nothing more than their religious preference
alone has a label, too. It is called BIGOTRY.

Q: Do you worship Satan?

A: Satan is a part of the Christian and Muslim religions. Since
pagans are neither Christian nor Muslim, Satan is not part of our
deity structure at all.

We believe that each and every human being is completely responsible
for his or her own actions. To us, evil is a choice, albeit a bad
one, that a human might make, not an embodied entity to blame our
actions upon.

If an individual chooses to do evil, most pagans believe they will
be punished via the laws of karma or as a result of "cause and
effect.". In other words, "What goes around usually comes around."

Many Witches and Wiccans believe in some form of reincarnation, that
the results or karma of past deeds can follow a person from one life
to the next. This may also help to explain why terrible things
sometimes happen to wonderful people or why some people seem to have
been born with certain skills and knowledge. It may also explain why
some people seem to lead a 'charmed" life.

Some pagans believe in an after-life spent in another plain of
existence. Known as Summerland, Avalon, Valhalla or simply
the "Other Side', they believe that they will be reunited here once
again with friends and family.

Q: Do you do blood sacrifice?

A: Goddess NO! The nature of sacrifice is to give up something of
one's own in order to gain something more important. Wiccans believe
in the sanctity of all life. Most pagans believe that animals are
part of the same natural cycle of life as humans are. Witches have
long been associated with animal companions known as "familiars."

-----------

"Muhammad Abdul-Rahman" wrote:

> Is witchcraft real? Is it permissible to seek treatment from
practitioners of witchcraft

> Question:
>
> Is there anything such as witch doctors? What should we do if
someone says "I don't believe in magic" because "this is just an
illusion"?.

> Answer:
>
> Praise be to Allaah.
>
> Sihr (witchcraft or magic) is a word referring to something
hidden. It is real and there are kinds of witchcraft that may affect
people psychologically and physically, so that they become sick and
die, or husbands and wives are separated. Its effects happen by the
will of Allaah. It is a devilish action, most of which is only
achieved by means of shirk and drawing close to the jinn and
shayaateen (devils) by means of that which they love, and it is
based on associating others with Allaah (shirk).......etc.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/TXWolB/TM

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.}
(Holy Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links