From: atq atiq
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 2:32 PM
Subject: a question

Dear Chacha,
Assalamu Alaikum.

I need to know your view on the following issue. So please write me whenever you get time.

Question:
As far as I know, according to some  classical fiqh opinions, Islamic state may invade the neighboring states [if they have strength] to establish Islamic rules, to erradicate injustice, etc; though they also have said firmly that there will be no compulsion in religion and no force can be applied to convert to Islam.
I want to know whether at present, Islamic state can do this. Why or why not? My understanding says - no. Please clarify it.

Make dua for me pls.

Allah Hafez

aa