From: Mahmudul Hasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:56:39 -0400 (EDT)
Subject:  How to Celebrate Al-IsraaÂ’ and Al-Mi`raj

NameShadi   - United KingdomTitle How to Celebrate Al-IsraaÂ’ and
Al-Mi`rajQuestionAs-salamu `alaykum. The occasion of Al-IsraaÂ’ and Al-Mi`raj is
approaching. What is the best way Muslims can celebrate this occasion bearing
in mind the current situation in the Muslim world?
Date23/Aug/2005MuftiSano Koutoub MoustaphaTopicMorals & ValuesAnswer
Wa `alaykum as-salamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His
Messenger.

Brother, first of all, weÂ’d like to say that we are impressed by your question,
which emanates from a thoughtful heart. May Allah Almighty help us all adhere
to the principles of this true religion, Islam, and enable us to be among the
dwellers of Paradise in the Hereafter, Ameen.

The great occasion of Al-IsraaÂ’ and Al-Mi`raj is coming this year while
Muslims’ suffering—in many parts of the world—is increasing. Pain and violation
of human rights are seen everywhere. However, “Al-Israa’ and Al-Mi`raj” is a
good chance to remember the suffering of all people everywhere. We should
remember Al-Aqsa and its current crisis. At least we have to make du`aaÂ’ to
Allah for the spread of peace, justice and security.

Responding to your question, Dr. Sano Koutoub Moustapha, professor of Fiqh and
its Principles, International Islamic University, Malaysia, states:

Thank you very much. It is very unfortunate that this marvelous occasion is
coming at the time when Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa is under this unjust occupation. Our
beloved brothers and sisters in Palestine are living under oppression and are
continually subjected to all kinds of humiliation and atrocities.

As Muslims, we shall take this opportunity to pray for our fellow Muslims
around the globe who are suffering from atrocities. All Muslims should remember
that the liberation of Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa isn't an obligation upon Palestinians
alone but upon every single able-bodied Muslim. Each of us must do his or her
best, at least through our prayers and supplications.

I hope to see Al-IsraaÂ’ and Al-Mi`raj celebrated with the return of Al-Aqsa to
the Muslims. It is my utmost wish to pray one day in Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa. Let us
celebrate Al-IsraaÂ’ and Al-Mi`raj of this year by contributing to the causes of
oppressed Muslims in the world, especially in Palestine.

May Allah strengthen our faith and brotherhood so we will feel the pains and
difficult times of our fellow Muslims.
You can also read:

Al-Israa' and Al-Mi`raj: Areas of Focus in the Occasion
Is Celebrating Al-IsraaÂ’ & Al-Mi`raj Bid`ah?
Utilizing Al-IsraaÂ’ and Al-Mi`raj to Serve the Palestinian Cause
Allah Almighty knows best.

url:
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?cid=1119503549004&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaEAskTheScholar

---------------------------------

ABDUL WAHID OSMAN BELAL

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/TXWolB/TM

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.}
(Holy Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links