Storm disaster fuels doubts over US terror plans

Hurricane Katrina's devastation of New Orleans -- and the delay helping stranded people get out or even get water and food -- is raising doubts that U.S. cities may be ill-prepared to cope with a potentially worse disaster: a major attack.

Posted Sep 2, 2005 09:31 AM PST
Category: CURRENT EVENTS

Which raises an interesting point. Katrina was known to be headed into New Orleans a few days in advance, and the potential damage was known and understood years ahead of time. Yet this "unexpected" event threw the US Government into total confusion.

In contrast, the aftermath of 9-11 seemed quite well coordinated, which strongly suggests that 9-11 was not "unexpected" at all, especially when one considers that all the various players, including FEMA, were already in position for a "terror drill" the day before it happened.

The above is Mike Ravero of WRH comments. Mike and I are thinking along the same line. I posted the following on another site recently:

Quote:
The question will be asked if it had not already, Mr. Bush "why were the resources of our nation diverted to fight a war based on false pretexts so that our crumbling infrastructure caused a real threat and disaster?" "Why, what was so important about Iraq, especially since all the claims that you made about WMD, ties to 911, etc were false?"

If anything katrina did it solidified my belief that 911 was a staged event. The reaction of the government with Bush's speeches, mobilizations, etc showed that they were ready for 911. When it happened they responded and responded decisively with no hesitation.

But with Katrina, they were not really ready for that. It was an act of nature that they supposedly had more advance notice of than 911 but somehow could not respond adequately. Their responses were delayed, off the mark and thousands died and suffered unnecessarily. They definitely were not ready for this as they should not have been ready for 911 if indeed 911 was a random, unexpected act. Could it be because they had full control over the events of 911 but did not over this natural disaster?

"Strive as in a race to achieve the
goal of excellence in all that you do."

For real insights visit:

http://www.geocities.com/mewatch99/

Regards,
Nashid

Holy quran Converts to islam Different religions beliefs
Islam Comparative religion