LESSONS FROM LIFE (6)

The brand new sky
Once we attended a speech given by a brother who came from France. The speech was very heart warming and good to our imaan. I will share a little bit of what he was saying. He said that our heart is filled so much with what we see. Nice houses, cars, dollars, cclothes, etc. These are just little little creations of mankind and get used up very soon. He told us not to fill our hearts with these small creations of men but to fill our hearts with the Greatness of Allah by looking at His uncomparable creations. He told us to look at the sky. It's billions of years old but everyday it looks brand new. He told us to look at the birds, they only have one dress and they don't even do laundry. But even after 20 years, you look at their feathers and they still shine. Allahu Akbar! Let us empty our hearts of all the materials, and bring only Allah into it.

"Everyone shall taste death. And only on the Day of Resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing)." Al Qur'an 3:185
Salman carries on happily
Hadhrat Salman Farsi (RA) was a governor of Medinah. Once he was walking by a market place. Due to the simplicity of his clothing, a person thought that he must be a poor man and asked him to carry his materials in exchange of some money. Salman (RA) picked up the materials and didn't reveal his identity. As they were walking, the people of Medinah were shocked. "Oh Allah have mercy on Ameer-ul-Mo'mineen (leader of the faithful). Let us carry the materials." they said. But Salman (RA) denied all their requests and carried on with the man. Upon realizing who Salman (RA) was, the man who told him to carry the stuff felt embarassed and kept asking him for forgiveness. Salman (RA) told him "Don't worry! Let's keep going." He took the materials all the way to the man's home. After this incident, that man promised to himself that he will never ask somebody to carry his materials again. Source: Tambihul Ghafileen, by Faqih Abul Layth Smarkandi (RA
A Muslim scholar faces a Hindu man
Once a famous Muslim Scholar of India was travelling by train. His seat was beside a Hindu man. Due to the extreme hatred for Muslims, the Hindu man moved away a little from the scholar. The scholar smiled at him and didn't get offended. After a while, the Hindu man took out a blanket and covered his body so that even the breath of the scholar doesn't touch his body. Later, the Hindu man had to go to the toilet. Upon seeing the dirty condition of the toilet, the Hindu man ran back saying "Raam Raam." The scholar asked about what happened and the Hindu man said that the condition of the toilet is very disgusting. At that, the scholar got up and with some water went inside the toilet and cleaned the toilet completely. Then he came back to the Hindu man and told him to go in because it's now clean. The Hindu man didn't know what to do. But anyway, he went in and relieved himself. He is now thinking that no ordinary man could do what the Muslim scholar did. So, he came to the scholar and asked "Who taught you how to behave like this?" The scholar replied "Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him)." Then the hindu man wanted to know more about Islam and the prophet. When they reached their destination, the Hindu man looked back to the scholar and said "I will never forget what you've taught me today."
Don't abandon this jewel
Hadhrat`Umar (RA) became unconscious after he was stabbed, and according to Al Miswar bin Makhramah, it was said: "Nothing would wake him up except the call to prayer, if he is still alive." They said to him, "The prayer has finished, O Chief of the Faithful!" He woke up and said, "The prayer, by Allah! Verily, there is no share in Islam for whoever abandons the prayer." He performed the prayer while his wound was bleeding. [Sifat as Safwah 2/131, As Siyar 5/220]

After ar-Rabi` bin Khaytham became partially paralyzed, he used to go to the mosque helped by two men. He was told: "O Abu Yazid! You have been given permission to pray at home." He said, "You have said the truth, but I heard the caller hearld, 'Hayya `ala al-Falah (Come to success)', and I thought that whoever hears this call should answer it even by crawling." [Hilyat al Awliya 2/113]

O Muslims! Do not leave Salah. Do not lose the value of vowing down in front of your Lord to tell Him that nothing is greater than You, oh Allah!
I feel clean for the first time
Once a pious Muslim brother got a job in a restaurant. He took with himself a container for water so that he can use it for toilet purposes. So, everytime he goes to the toilet, he fills the container with water and takes it with him. One day, a Christian man, who also
works there, saw him taking water and asked him about the reason for it. The Muslim brother told him that after releasing the dirty materials, we should clean that place and that cleanliness is a major part of Islam. The man said that why not use the toilet papers? The brother asked him that if such dirty thing touched his hands, would he use a toilet paper to wipe it off or use water? The man understood and said that he would use water. The next day, the Christian man brought a container for himself and used it during relieving himself. When he came out of the toilet, he was crying and tears were rolling down his cheeks. The Muslim brother asked him about why he is crying. The Christian man said that "For the first time in my life, I feel completely clean." Thereafter, he accepted Islam and became a devouted Muslim.
What do you love the most?
Hadhrat Ibne Umar (RA) used to buy sugar (made from dates) and distribute it among the poor. His servant once submitted that it would be better if bread were given to the poor instead of sugar, as they would benefit more from it. He agreed with the suggestion but said that Allah Ta'ala has said: You will never attain piety unless you spend of that which you love.(Al-Imran:92). Since, he himself loved sugar most, he gave the same to the poor. Source: "Fadhail-E-Sadaqaa Part I", translated by Prof. Abdul Karim.

Subhan-Allah! How beautifully they would give away what they love the most, so that they may fulfill one of the commandments of Allah. May Allah also give us these great qualities. Ameen.
Take protection with your shields
Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (RA) narrates: Rasulullah (SAW) came to us and said: Take protection with your shields! Sahabah (Prophet's companions) asked: O Rasulullah! is there a threat of some enemy coming? He said: Take protection with your shields against the Fire (of Hell)! Say, Subhanallah (Allah is flawless), Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah), La ilaha illallah (None is worthy of worship but Allah), Allahu Akbar (Allah is the Greatest). On the Day of Resurrection, these words will come from the front, back, right and left (defence from all sides) of the one who had recited them, and ensure deliverence for him, and these are those good deeds for which the reward will be given eternally. Source: Tabarani.
So fond of meeting his Lord
Someone asked Junaid Baghdadi (may Allah have mercy on him), "How was it that Abu Sa'eed Khazzaz (he was a very pious man) was in such a joy at the point of death?" Junaid replied, "He was so fond of meeting his Lord that one could expect his soul to fly to heavens even before the time of death to meet his Lord." Source:"Fadhail-e-sadaqaa Part II", translated by Prof. Abdul Karim.

My dear friends, today we are so involved with the worldly affairs that meeting Allah is the last thing we consider.
Life is like baking a cake
A little boy is telling his Grandma how "everything" is going wrong. School, family problems, health problems, problems with friends, etc.

Meanwhile, Grandma is baking a cake. She asks her grandson if he would like a snack, which, of course, he does.

"Here, have some cooking oil." *"Yuck" says the boy.
"How about a couple raw eggs? " "Gross, Grandma!"
"Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?"

"Grandma, those are all yucky!"

To which Grandma replies: "Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves. But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake!

God works the same way. Many times we wonder why he would let us go through such bad and difficult times.

But Allah knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good! We just have to trust Him and, eventually, they will all make something wonderful!"

Allah is Crazy About You. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, He'll listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your heart.

 BROTHER IN ISLAM
 KHALID BIN UMAR  - Can be reached at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Image by FlamingText.com

Prophet muhammad Holy quran