As Salaamu Alaikum,

I have been in the publishing game for 10 years.  I have learned  a lot.  I do business with the established distributors I don't care about color, etc.  I am a publisher not just a black or female publisher.  Patience is key.  Networking is key.  I am all for us organizing and going public if A and B does not stop what it is attempting to do today!

Foul!  It may take longer to get the money but I can wait for Ingram, Baker and Taylor and a few sales companies to get the my titles out there for me.  Plus I can always sell my own that is how I started selling my titles from the back of my husband's van.

Please visit www.spencer-majeed.com and buy our books.  Don't let anyone ask you for more than 40% to sell your book in a store and 55% for online.  Don't panic because sales are slow.  Get a part-time job if you have to keep your publishing business going for a while.

If you are an author with a publisher call me at (404) 366-6610.  We will treat you right and we have worked hard and smart to get our titles in the mainstream.  Visit www.bn.com, www.amazon.com for the titles Joy of Islam and Nigga Sam I Am: Presidential Campaign Pieces.

A&B Distributors shame on you!

ma salaam
Hadayai Majeed
1000 Peace Women 2005