Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 00:36:42 -0800
From: Shahid Khan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: The Call of Prophet Ibrahim

*

The Call of Prophet Ibrahim

WHEN Ibrahim, peace be upon him, completed the structure of the Ka bah,
Allah (Glorified be He) commanded him to call the people to Haj. Ibrahim,
peace and blessings be upon him, pleaded, O Allah! How shall my voice reachall of those people? Allah told him that his duty was only to give the call
and it was up to Allah to make it reach the people.

Ibrahim, peace be upon him, then climbed Mount Arafat and called out in his
loudest voice, O People! Verily Allah has prescribed upon you Haj, so
perform Haj.

Allah revealed in the Qur an: And proclaim the Haj among mankind. They will
come to thee on foot and (mounted) on every camel, lean on account of
journeys through deep and distant mountain highways. ( Surat Al-Haj, Ayat
28).

To this very day millions upon millions of Muslims continue to answer the
call of Prophet Ibrahim, peace and blessings be upon him. Perhaps this year
you shall be amongst those who answer the call.

Performance of the Haj washes away all sins. Abu Hurairah narrates: I heard
the Prophet say, Whoever performs Haj and does not commit any Rafath
(obscenity) or Fusooq (transgression), he returns (free from sin) as the day
his mother bore him. (Sahih Bukhari).

Haj is one of the greatest deeds one can accomplish in his or her lifetime.
Abu Hurairah narrates: The Prophet was asked, What deed is the best? He
said, Iman in Allah and His Messenger. Then what? Jihad in the sake of
Allah. Then what? Haj Mabroor, a Haj accepted by Allah.

Abu Sha tha said, I contemplated the good deeds that a person does. I found
that salah as well as fasting are a jihad of the body. And that Sadaqah is a
jihad of someone s wealth. But Haj is a jihad of both body and wealth.

The Du a of the one in Haj shall be accepted. The Prophet, peace and
blessing be upon him, said, The soldier in the path of Allah and the one who
performs Haj and the one who performs Umrah, all are the delegation of
Allah! He called them and they answered. And they asked Him, and He shall
grant them (what they ask for)! (Authentic, narrated by Ibn Majah and Ibn
Hibban.)

And in another Hadith: Verily Allah boasts of the people of Arafat before
the people of Heaven (angels) saying: Look to my servants who have come to
Me disheveled and dusty.

Indeed, the Prophet said, And there is no reward for an accepted Haj, except
Jannah!

*

*

Compiled from various sources.

Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups, to
post on

Internet sites and to publish in full text and subject title in
not-for-profit publications.

Note that an English translation of the Qur'an is an interpretation of the
Qur'an, and does not have the perfect status as the Qur'an in its original
Arabic form.

*

* *