CARTOONS &  IGNORANCE

Let's learn different view points and enhance our ability to make judgments that should stand the test of time and different arguments

We have set the ground rules and the consequences for irresponsible behavior from the simple things like setting an age limit for consuming alcohol, an age limit for Voting, an age limit for getting married to,  flag burning, using "N" word, denying Holocaust, discrimination on Job, like what movies your kids can see, driving 20 MPH in a school zone and many more restrictions,  as a society we have  to ensure freedom to the society at large over the individual's freedom, that is the essence of true freedom, the one that protects the society at large.   There is freedom and there is abuse. As a society it is our responsibility to tune the limits.

When the Danish newspaper published the cartoons in September, they knew it offended the Muslims. For 4 Months Muslims wanted to see the Danish Prime Minister who refused to meet with them, they wrote letters to the newspaper, which went un-attended. On the top of it, all other news papers ganged up and published the cartoons, simply provoking the Muslims, the intention was evil.  By the way the News paper had declined to publish offensive pictures of Jesus Christ saying it would offend its readers. The provocation is deliberate. There are over 30 articles listed at the website www.foundationforpluralism.com for you to get a full understanding of the subject.

The violence caused by Muslims is dead wrong. They have failed the very person of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) whom they are supposedly protecting. I urge Muslims to follow the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to show to the Danish keepers of freedom, what Prophet Muhammad was all about. In one of his journeys, as other spiritual leaders have suffered, he was pelted with stones and he was bleeding endlessly as Jesus was bleeding prior to crucification. The story goes that Angel Gabriel and his associates were angry as their prophet was being hurt... and they were eager to go and get them boys... But Prophet Muhammad said no to them, and instead asked God to forgive them and asked his associates to pray for the welfare of the miscreants and mercy on their ignorance. What those few Muslims have done is an embarrassment to all of us.

It is also wrong for us to label that all  Muslims are doing the violent attacks it, when the protestors do not even make 1/10th of 1% of the population.  (1% of 1.3 Billion == 13 Million – total of protestors were 900,000 bulk of them were peaceful protestors and only about 300 were involved in violence). Living in a democracy and understanding the principles of representation, It is greater wrong for us to call that representation, and we should seriously consider our own ignorance and ill-will in the matter.

This incident will do some good for the mankind, as you cannot use the N word, as you cannot deny holocaust, which will end you in jail. We need to extend the freedom of speech to restrict on portraying pictures of any one that people consider Holy. It will ban MF Hussain from painting Goddess Saraswati and Sita Devi in less than modest pictures,  it will ban idiots from publishing offensive pictures of Jesus Christ, Prophet Muhammad or any one sacred to its followers.

NEXT ISSUE

Why should we ensure that all tires in a bus have to have same air pressure in all tires to ensure a safe journey? If one tire has low pressure can the other tires tell it fill it itself? What are the responsibilities of each community (representing each community)  in ensuring safe journey for ‘all’ the passengers.

Holy quran