From: Daily Muslims [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 4:43 AM
Subject: March 12, 2006: US Drumbeat against Iran Threatens New War of Aggression

www.DailyMuslims.com

US Drumbeat against Iran Threatens New War of Aggression

BILL VAN AUKEN, WSWS

Sunday, March 12, 2006

WITH the US war and occupation in Iraq fast approaching its third anniversary, those in the Bush administration responsible for launching this unprovoked aggression based on lies about weapons of mass destruction and through intimidating the American people with fabricated threats of terror are once again beating the same war drums, this time against Iran.

Read more...

There Are Criminals, and Then There Are CRIMINALS

CINDY SHEEHAN

Sunday, March 12, 2006

AS I lie here in bed recuperating from the injuries that I received from a federal agent and the NYPD in front of the US Mission to the UN (USUN) the other day, I have had time to reflect on the experience, the state of our union and its descent into a fascist state.

Read more...

Iraq War: Profits Turn to ‘Prophets’

YAMIN ZAKARIA, London, UK

Sunday, March 12, 2006

THE fundamental principle of a secular society is to keep religion out of politics; a cardinal ‘sin' according to the secular clerics. Surprisingly, like Bush, Blair has now come out of the closet and claimed that God inspired him to go to war, and he will be judged by the Almighty on that issue.

Read more...

The Caricatures in Middle East Politics

JAMES PETRAS and ROBIN EASTMAN-ABAYA

Sunday, March 12, 2006

ONCE again Israel and especially its overseas operatives have placed the expansion and militarist interests of Israel above the interests of the people of the US and Europe.

Read more...

U.S. and Britain's 'Total Hypocrisy' on Nuclear Energy

TONY BENN

Sunday, March 12, 2006

TONY Benn was a Cabinet minister in the Wilson and Callaghan governments from 1964 - 79, as Minister of Technology, Secretary of State for both Industry and Energy and President of the Council of European Energy ministers in 1977. The following is an excerpt from an interview with Amy Goodman on Democracy Now!

Read more...

Washington’s “Democracy” in Iraq Hangs 13 Political Prisoners

PATRICK MARTIN, WSWS

Sunday, March 12, 2006

THE execution Thursday of 13 Iraqi political prisoners, including a woman, was a calculated act of state terror against the resistance to the US occupation. The executions, all by hanging, were ordered by interim Prime Minister Ibrahim Jafari to underscore his determination to hold onto power amid a political stalemate between rival factions in Baghdad.

Read more...

The Empty Fortress

YOUSEF DRUMMOND

Sunday, March 12, 2006

WHEN one surveys current international and domestic woes the U.S. traversed since the Iraq invasion, you may at once characterize this government as an "empty fortress."

Read more...

Pakistan Troops Kill 30 Militants in Raid On Hideout

INEWS

Sunday, March 12, 2006

PAKISTANI security forces backed by helicopter gunships attacked a hideout of 'militants' in a tribal region near the Afghan border, killing up to 30 people, the military said on Saturday.

Read more...

Immigrants Rally in Chicago and DC

PRESS REPORTS

Sunday, March 12, 2006

IMMIGRANTS and supporters marched and rallied in Chicago on March 10 to demand legalization for out-of-status immigrants and oppose anti-immigrant legislation currently being considered by the Senate.

Read more...

How Islamic Inventors Changed the World

THE INDEPENDENT

Sunday, March 12, 2006

FROM coffee to cheques and the three-course meal, the Muslim world has given us many innovations that we take for granted in daily life. As a new exhibition opens, Paul Vallely nominates 20 of the most influential- and identifies the men of genius behind them

Read more...

E-mails:
Editor in Chief
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

News Releases, Letters, Events info and Articles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Website:
www.DailyMuslims.com