Dear Mr. MacKay,

Once on the BBC News channel I saw a Somalian man waiting patiently for his turn at the UN Camp hospital somewhere in Mogadishu where he had gone to get himself treated for a bullet that had penetrated through his jaw bone. He was dripping blood and virtually half his face was gone. I was completely shocked to see that image and at the same time wondered maybe it is alright for a Somalian to endure that pain because he is so obviously conditioned to bear pain as against someone from a developed civilized Country who is not.

It amazes me to see how humanity learns to insulate itself from the pain of other people and is always able to rationalise on the basis of false premise.

The story of the Palestenian people today is no different. How much more pain and agony do they have to suffer? You have chosen to cut off aid to Palestine, because in your wisdom the Palestinian people need to be punished for  electing democratically a Government that does not fit into your scheme of things.

Sir, it is not for me to question your wisdom nor do I wish to enter into a debate with you or anybody else. All I want to understand from you is how you can justify even more pain to one people (Palestinians) in order to ensure the other people (Jews) are never subjected to any pain. Do you honestly believe you have chosen the best remedy for a complex problem or have you taken the easy way out?

Regards

S.A.R. Adil, Bangalore, India
[EMAIL PROTECTED]