The Blessed Beard... Grow it, what's so hard to understand?

Commentary by Islam.tc

Muslims are overcome with western influence in their lives and it's easy to forget, nay, neglect the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him). Little do these Muslims realize the magnitude of their actions in imitating Kufaar (see Hadith section). Hopefully the information presented herein will enlighten those. And then there are others who claim that the matters concerning beards is a "little" issue not worthy of mention nor practice. To them I say get off the denial bandwagon, you're a Muslim! Follow the Prophet (Peace be upon him) in all aspects of life, for he was the best of examples. I couldn't tell you how many times I've mistaken a Muslim brother (outside of the Masjid) for a kaafir on account of his clean-shaven, well oiled, face. How can I say "Assalaamu Alaikum Brother!" when I do not know if he is a Muslim. Yet that very brother then wonders why he was ignored! Sure, he can tell if others are Muslim on account of their beard, but what about himself?  From one brother to another, I say: "Grow a beard, then, since it also promotes Brotherhood in the real world. Stand with your Brothers, be one. We know you are handsome without it (a beard), but who cares? What matters is how Allah (S.W.T.) sees you. And when you do grow a beard, don't mock the Sunnah, please grow it correctly, i.e. FIST LENGTH. That is the prescribed length and no shorter (see Hadeeth section)..." Peace.

DEFINITION OF A BEARD: (Another version)

Shaykh ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah preserve him) said:  The definition of the beard as stated by the scholars of  (Arabic) language is:  the hair of the face, jawbone and cheeks, in the sense that all the hair on the cheeks, jawbone and chin is part of the beard and removing any of it is counted as a sin, because the Messenger (peace aand blessings of Allah b e upon him) said: “Let your beards grow,”  “Leave your beards alone,”  “Let your beards increase.

  Let your beards be full,”.   This indicates that it is not permissible to remove anything from the beard.  But the sin may vary in degree – shaving the beard is worse than shortening it, because it is a more obvious contradiction of the Sunnah.

And Allah knows best.

50:24 - (The sentence will be:) "Throw throw into Hell every contumacious Rejector (of Allah)! 4960

50:25 - "Who forbade what was good transgressed all bounds cast doubts and suspicions;

51:10 - Woe to the falsehood-mongers

51:11- Those who (flounder) heedless in a flood of confusion: 4996

51:54 - So turn away from them: not thine is the blame. 5031

51:50 – Hasten ye then (at once) to Allah: I am from Him a warner to you clear and open!

When an adulterer is committing adultery , he is not a Muslim (believer) The Mashaa’ikh have explained that at the time of adultery the noor of imaan is separated from the adulterer. After he has finished this sinful act the Imaan returns into a Muslim.

The shaving of the Beard is such an act  that it is continuous, and is exhibited all the time.  When performing salaat too, this sin remains with him.  Similarly during Sown (fast) Hajj and all ;other ibaadaat this sinful act accompanies him.

Ibn Asaakir and others have reported that Hassan  relates that Rasulullah – Peace be upon him said: “There were ten such habits  amongst the people of Loot A.S. which were the cause of their destruction. Amongst these habits is listed  the shaving of the Beard and the lengthening of the Mousta”.

After death in the grave  we will first be shown the countenance  of Rasulullah – Peace be upon him.

Those will be moments of regret  and utter hopelessness Allah forbid,  if at such a time of need, and with hope that  Rasulullah – Peace be upon him – intercede on one’s behalf, he sees a face  and an appearance that is not according to his Sunnat , and he turns his face away ! How unfortunate this will be ?

Hadith No:3

How severe is this warning.  Those with long moustaches  regard themselves as members of the elite and register themselves as Muslims  in official records, but Rasulullah – Peace  be upon him –  refuses to accept them as members  of his group.  Wasthila R.A.  relates that Rasulullah – Peace be upon him – said: “Whoever does not cut his moustache is not of us”.

The Hadith categorically states that the beard  should be lengthened  and the moustache cut.  This is related both in Bukhari and Muslim.  Rasulullah – Peace be upon him – has sternly  commanded  this to his followers.

Wherever Rasulullah – Peace be upon him -  gives a command then that act  becomes compulsory ( Waajib) , and to neglect this Waajib  command is totally prohibited, (Haram) .  Thus it is forbidden (Haraam) to shave the beard and keep long moustaches.  This is further elaborated in another Hadith in which Rasulullah –Peace be upon him -  has said “ whosoever does not cut his moustache is not of our group. This has been related by Ahmad, Tirmizi and Nasa’ee.

In Ibn Dawood it is mentioned thus: We used to allow our beards  to increase in length and breadth, except during Hajj and Umrah’ (after which it used to be cut back to size)

May Allah enable everyone to draw benefit from this and consider this effort as exclusive to Him. :

="FREE

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.} (Holy Quran-16:125)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all." [Muslim, Ahmad, Aboo Daawood, an-Nasaa'ee, at-Tirmidhee, Ibn Maajah]

Recommended:
http://www.islamonline.net
http://www.islam-guide.com
http://www.prophetmuhammadforall.org