Date: 07/01/06 03:37:49
Subject: [IslamCity] Is it permissible to offer prayers in Imam-Bara (shia mosque) during traveling?

Question
Is it permissible to offer prayers in Imam-Bara
(shia mosque) during traveling?

One of my colleagues was out of country on a business
trip. It was time of Maghrib when he left his office;
he searched for mosque but unfortunately there wasn’t
any Masjid nearby. There was only an Imam-Bara in that
area. He’d two choices:

- either delay the Maghrib Salat (Qadha)

- or offer Maghrib in Shia-mosque

He opted 2nd option and offered maghrib prayer in
shia-mosque. I’ve two questions:

- Does he need to repeat his prayer?

- What should one do in such situations next time?

Answer
Rasulullah () said "Allah has made the entire earth
a Musjid for me". This is the specialty of this Ummah
that we may pray where ever possible. Previous nations
had to pray in designated areas and were not allowed
to pray anywhere. Performing Salaah in a Shia or imam
Bara does not affect the validity of the Salaah. The
Salaah performed was valid and there is no need to
repeat the Salaah. To delay the Salaah without a valid
reason is a sin. If you are faced in a similar
situation some other time, you should perform your
Salaah wherever.

It is important to note that the above ruling was if
you had performed your Salaah individually. However,
if you had followed an imam, and his Aqeeda (belief)
is not according to the beliefs of Ahlus Sunnah Wal
Jamaa’ah, it is not be permissible to follow that
imam.

And Allah Knows Best

Muhammed Zakariyya Desai

Checked and Approved
Mufti Ebrahim Desai

http://mail.yahoo.com

FREE emoticons for your email! click Here! __._,_.___

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.} (Holy Quran-16:125)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all." [Muslim, Ahmad, Aboo Daawood, an-Nasaa'ee, at-Tirmidhee, Ibn Maajah]

Recommended:
http://www.islamonline.net
http://www.islam-guide.com
http://www.prophetmuhammadforall.org