Bismillah Rahman Rahim,

Assalamu alaykum,

Below is the Prophet Muhammed (saws) statements
regarding the Islamic Principle of Peace.

Enjoy :-)

Sallams,

Mohamed

Hadith, or the Sayings of Muhammed (peace and
blessings upon him)

The messenger of God said to me (Anas), 'Son, if you
are able, keep your heart from morning till night and
from night till morning free from malice towards
anyone.'

The best of God's servants are those who, when seen,
remind one of God; and the worst of God's servants are
those who carry tales about to do mischief and
separate friends, and seek for the defects of the
good.

It is unworthy of a believer to injure people's
reputations; and it is unworthy to curse any one; and
it is unworthy to abuse any one; and it is unworthy of
a believer to talk arrogantly.

Assist your brother Muslim, whether he be an oppressor
or an oppressed. 'But how shall we do it when he is an
oppressor?' Muhammad said, 'Assisting an oppressor is
by forbidding and withholding him from oppression.

God is gentle and loves gentleness.

Faith is a restraint against all violence, let no
believer commit violence

What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart
of a human being, to feed the hungry, to help the
afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and
to remove the wrongs of the injured.

The best of people is one from whom good accrues to
humanity.

Someone said to the Prophet, 'Pray to God against the
idolators and curse them.' The Prophet replied, 'I
have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to
curse.

Anyone who kills a sparrow for nothing, it will cry
aloud to God on the day of resurrection, saying, 'O My
Lord! such and such a man killed me for nothing, he
never killed me for any good.'

We were on a journey with the Prophet when we saw a
finch with two young ones. We took away the two young
ones and the mother bird fluttered around. Then the
Prophet came and said, 'Who has distressed her by
taking away her young ones? Return her young ones to
her.' The Prophet also saw the abode of ants which we
had burnt, and said, 'Who has burnt this?' We said,
'We (have done this).' The Prophet said, 'It is not
proper that any one should punish another by fire
unless it be the Lord of fire.'

Deal gently with the people, and be not harsh; cheer
them and condemn them not.

"The warrior is one who battles with his own ego
(nafs) on the path of God."

After a major battle, defending the small community of
Islam against powerful enemies who sought to destroy
it, the Prophet said: "We have returned from the
lesser holy war (jihad) to the greater holy war." When
asked what he meant by the greater war, the Prophet
replied, "Struggle against the ego (nafs)."

"God has mercy upon those who are merciful to others."

"Would you have me tell you about actions that are
better than fasting, prayer, and charity? Bring
goodness and high principles between people."

"The strongest among you is the one who controls his
or her anger."

"Oh God, bring peacefulness among us, bring unity into
our hearts; guide us to equilibrium, take us from
darkness to light."

"Among the servants of Allah, those who are more
useful to the people are also those more loved by the
Divine."

"Being an honorable Muslim means that people are safe
from your actions and words."

"Read the Koran if it keeps you from doing ill, and if
you recite the Koran and are not prevented from
wrongdoing, then you are not truthful in reading the
Koran."

Be kind to people whether they deserve your kindness
or not. If your kindness reaches the deserving, good
for you; if your kindness reaches the undeserving,
take joy in your compassion."

Taken from Halaveti Website.

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.} (Holy
Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

Recommended:
http://www.islamonline.net
http://www.islam-guide.com
http://www.prophetmuhammadforall.org

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links